Our Book Estate Planning 101 is out!
From Avoiding Probate and Assessing Assets to Establishing Directives and Understanding Taxes, Your Essential Primer to Estate Planning
Hardcover – Adams Media (Adams 101) by Vicki Cook (Author), Amy Blacklock (Author)
Discover the ins and outs of planning your own or your loved one’s last wishes with this easy-to-understand guide to estate planning.
Estate Planning 101 offers you instructions, checklists, and resources to help you plan and keep you organized for whatever life throws your way.
- CHAPTER 1: WHAT IS AN ESTATE AND WHY DOES IT REQUIRE A PLAN?
- Your Need for Estate Planning
- Who to Consider in Your Planning
- What to Consider in Your Planning
- Making Your Decisions
- Planning Through Life Stages
- Can You Do-It-Yourself?
- Why Hire an Attorney
- CHAPTER 2: DETERMINING YOUR ESTATE
- Building Your Financial House
- What Is and Isn’t Subject to Probate
- Ensuring Proper Ownership Rights
- Documenting and Growing Your Net Worth
- Insuring Your Income and Assets
- Planning for Your Retirement
- Leaving A Financial Legacy
- CHAPTER 3: TAKING CARE OF YOU
- Safeguarding Your Estate
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives
- More on Advance Directives
- Planning for Long-Term Care
- Documenting End of Life Wishes
- Funding Your Final Care
- CHAPTER 4: TAKING CARE OF OTHERS
- Why You Need A Will
- Types of Wills
- Naming a Personal Representative
- When Minor Children are Involved
- Determining Beneficiaries and Inheritances
- Minimizing Conflict
- Completing Your Will (But Continuing to Plan)
- CHAPTER 5: IS A TRUST THE ANSWER?
- Why Your Estate Does (or Doesn’t) Need a Trust
- An Overview of Trusts
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Special Types of Trusts
- Creating a Living Trust
- Funding & Administration of a Living Trust
- Trusts & Income Taxes
- CHAPTER 6: ESTATES AND TAXATION
- Income Taxes and Tax-Planning Basics
- Building Tax-Advantaged Wealth
- Estate & Inheritance Taxes
- Gifts & Taxes
- Charitable Remainder Trusts and Donor-Advised Funds
- CHAPTER 7: SITUATIONS REQUIRING CAREFUL CONSIDERATION
- Estate Planning For Blended Families
- Planning Your Estate As An Unmarried Couple
- When You’re Estate Planning Solo
- When You Have a Dependent With Special Needs
- Choosing to Disinherit (or Not)
- Planning For Your Pets
- When Incapacity or Emergency Issues Arise
- Estate Planning for Entrepreneurs and Family Businesses
- CHAPTER 8: COMPLETING THE PACKAGE
- Avoiding Common Mistakes
- What Else They’ll Need to Know
- Letters & Legacy
- Sharing Your Plan with Others
- Document Storage and Accessibility
- When to Change Your Plan
- How to Change Your Plan
Order Estate Planning 101 From:
For media inquiries related to Estate Planning 101 please contact [email protected]
Estate Planning 101 Introduction
Estate planning means different things to different people. For some, it may involve complex healthcare plans and extensive planning for distributing various types of property. For others with fewer assets, it may be simpler. But in either case, estate planning is a necessary part of your life. Estate planning, at its simplest, means deciding what assets you have and what will happen to them when you pass on. It’s a way of determining the kind of future you want to give your loved ones.
Estate Planning 101 will help you learn the ins and outs of this process. You’ll know who’s involved each step of the way, what decisions you must make, when to make changes, where you can store documents, and why particular circumstances may impact your planning. You’ll also understand the importance of communicating your plan to others and how to go about doing so.
This book will help you create a safeguard for those you leave behind. By helping you plan your estate, it’ll help you to determine who gets your property and who’ll be the guardian of your kids. Estate planning also protects you and your finances, plus your right to make decisions and control your assets during your lifetime and when you die. Essential estate planning paperwork includes a living will, financial and healthcare power-of-attorney documents, and a last will and testament. You may decide to complete certain forms on your own, or you may seek out the help of an estate planning attorney. Either way, the entries in the book will help guide you on the best path.
Additionally, Estate Planning 101 will enable you to look beyond your estate and strategize for retirement, taxes, emergencies, end-of-life arrangements, and the legacy you want to leave behind. This book will help you determine if what you’re doing today aligns with what you want your future to hold. By the time you finish, not only will you know the steps to take, but you’ll have the ability to reflect and clarify how your vision will impact your plans.
With this knowledge, you can take action and begin creating your estate planning documents. You may choose to start with just essential medical documents and a will and build the rest of your estate plan over time. Or you may be motivated to tackle the job now and develop a more comprehensive plan right away. Either way, you can use Estate Planning 101 to help guide you in building a solid foundation for your estate. With it by your side, you create a robust and complete estate planning path to help you and your loved ones secure your future.
Grab your copy today!
Grab These Bonuses for a Limited Time
Grab these bonus resources!
- Workbook to accompany Estate Planning 101 so you can document notes, details, questions, and more
- Household Management and Emergency Preparedness Inventory
- Financial Planning and Tracking Templates
- Estate Instruction Letters and Legacy & Love Letters Workbook/Template
- Printable checklist and resource lists provided in Estate Planning 101
Purchase the book from your favorite bookseller, submit your information below, then watch your inbox for delivery of your bonus items.